Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Visit with the Dietician


There weren't really any surprises when I met with the dietician yesterday other than the fact that none of the goals she set for me have to do with numbers on the scale. They were:

1. Read food labels for total carbohydrates - meals should have no more than 30-45 grams, snacks should be about 15 grams

2. Include protein with every meal/snack - 2 oz at breakfast, 4-5 ounces at lunch and dinner

3. Eat about 5 servings a day of fruits and veggies

4. Avoid long periods of time with no eating - pack a snack in diaper bag, purse, and car for emergencies

That was it. And I see her again in a month. I was also given the book shown above as a quick reference on portion sizes for various foods.

We talked A LOT about how important it is to get my own eating under control as Joey is transitioning to table food. We touched on planning and talked a little about my hypoglycemic tendencies. She asked that I keep a food journal that I email her at the end of each week just so I can have some accountability and she can give me tips if there are places where I seem off track.

Sounds easy enough, right? I start today.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great start! I like the fact that you are going to be able to email her a journal. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete