Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 1

I have been following Weight Watchers on and off for years now. I am going to start with that because it's a system I know works for me. I am, however, going to attempt to keep my sugar intake as low as possible (loosely following South Beach) because that seems to help me keep my hunger and cravings in check.

My plan is to post the following numbers every day. I am also working on a spreadsheet of my weight and measurements. I will post that over on the side when I get it all worked out and possibly some progress photos, if I can get myself to take any.

Points: 26.5 (of 27)
Activity Points: 3 (Shred, Level 1)
Fruits and Veggies: Check!
Water: Check!

Today got off to a great start thanks to a quick breakfast suggested by my WW leader on Saturday. It was 3 egg whites beat until frothy, mix in a half cup of oatmeal, and cook up in a non-stick pan like a pancake. It was HUGE and so good!

Also, I made this Shepherd's Pie from the WW comfort food cookbook. I changed it up a bit by switching out the ground beef for turkey and adding mushrooms. Also, I had frozen peas and corn on hand, not peas and carrots, but I think that almost worked better. Oh, and I left the skin on the potatoes - mostly because I was too lazy to peel them.

So yeah, I'd say that was a pretty successful day one. We go to Disneyland tomorrow, so that will be interesting. I am planning to pack a few snacks and I figure all the walking we do will offset some of the bad food choices I make (if any). We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment