Monday, January 11, 2010

The Beck Diet Solution, Days 4-5

Day 4
Day four is all about giving yourself credit for a job well done.  The goal is to build your confidence by giving yourself praise every time you make a good decision in your diet life.

In order to remind myself that I should be doing this, I wrote "GIVE CREDIT" on the top of my advantages card and highlighted it.  Also, I dug out a ring I haven't worn in ages that I am planning to wear on my right hand.  Since I don't normally wear much in the way of jewelry, I think this will be a fairly effective reminder.

Day 5
The focus for day five is on eating slowly and enjoying every bite.  This has been effective for me in the past, but it's hard to remember to do it.  Again, I think I am going to use the ring as a reminder.  Once I get used to that being there, I will switch it up to some other piece of jewelry or other.

When I find that I am NOT eating slowly and deliberately, I will stop, put my fork down and begin taking drinks between bites.  This method has always worked for me in the past.

Side note:  It turns out that Prior Fat Girl is using a different version of this book so what I am doing isn't quite going to match up with what she's blogging about.  I'm okay with that, but I thought I should point it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment