Thursday, January 21, 2010

Breakfast for Dinner

It was kind of a big deal to have breakfast for dinner when I was a kid.  My dad HATED breakfast for dinner (with the possible exception of chorizo and egg burritos) so we were only allowed to have it on the rare occasions that he wasn't home for dinner.  I was thinking about that this afternoon after reading this post on Big Red Kitchen about dinner for breakfast.(which is a whole "thing" I never knew about but makes total sense) and then I needed it.

All the way home I thought about what to make.  Eating was a bit of a challenge today so I needed to keep my points to a minimum.  I figured I would just scramble some eggs with veggies and ham because that's also something my kid loves, but then I remembered I had these in my fridge.






These wraps are kind of like whole wheat tortillas, but more durable.  They're pretty tasty if you don't mind the whole graininess of them.  The kid likes all things whole wheat (weird) so he thinks they're pretty yummy, too.

And the best part o this whole thing is that the wrap, an egg, two egg whites, ham, mushrooms, salsa and a little grated cheese only set me back about 4 points.  Now I have points left for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment