Saturday, January 16, 2010

::sigh:: It's Saturday

It's been a ridiculously long week.  My weekly weigh in at Weight Watchers didn't go well, but in my own defense I had a surprise vacation and a death in the family to navigate this week.  I was up 2.8 pounds.  It's not the end of the world, by any stretch of the imagination, but it's hard to be motivated when faced with an almost 3 pound gain.

That said, I am back on track beginning today.  Days at home are always good for getting myself refocused because there really aren't many temptations around.  And as much as I would have liked to crawl in my bed and stay there for a week, I have been making myself walk as often as possible.  I generally let my husband off the hook for that, but I think starting this week, he's going to be given the option of staying home alone or coming with us.

We are also working on a menu for the coming week so that we can keep our shopping focused and prevent buying things we don't need on our weekly shopping trip.  We have both been trying to avoid soda as much as possible (I've had two since Monday afternoon) and bread as well.  I'm not exactly sure of the reasoning there, but I figured it couldn't hurt.  Should also save us some money in the long run.

Anyway, this week will be better.  It has to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment