Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Diet ADD

I always say that my son has the attention span of a gnat.  He probably got that from me.  I've already decided to switch my eating plan back to Weight Watchers points.  Honestly, it's probably a much better choice considering that I can count points in my sleep.  I'm not nearly as good when it comes to calories.

I switched back today and so far it's going well.  One thing that always tripped me up about counting points is the idea that you're supposed to meet a specific goal each day.  For me, this tends to lead to eating crap that I really don't need to eat after I've had a really good eating day.  Makes me a little crazy.

One thing I have always found helps me stay on track is the Weight Watchers points counter bracelet I bought a few years ago.  Not necessarily because it helps track how many points I've eaten in a day, but because it serves as kind of an anchor.  When I notice it on my wrist, it makes me think about all the things I am working toward.  It's prevented me from ordering chili fries or nachos more than once.

The only downside of the bracelet is that it's old, made from pretty cheap materials and not that cute.  Also, they don't sell them anymore so I couldn't get a replacement if something happened to it which is highly likely since my son thinks it's great fun to pull on.

Somewhere on the internet, I got the idea to buy a knit/crochet row counting bracelet to use for this same purpose.  I ordered this one today and I'm pretty excited about it.  I don't have it yet, but when I get it and check it out a bit I will post the link to the Etsy seller.



1 comment:

  1. Oh, cool! I have never heard of such a thing! I want to know more about how the bracelet works in your day, I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete